The COMBI project “Communication competences for migrants and disadvantaged background learners in bilingual work environments” is to develop innovative and inclusive/systemic practices and methods focused on acquiring communication competences in the languages required in the workplace. It takes into consideration the multilingual reality of European regions.
The aim of this method is not to acquire full competences in two or more languages, but to make sure that the regional language is taken into consideration as far as it fulfils language requirements in the workplace thanks to innovative teaching methods.
- Need Analysis of the target groups’ educational needs;
- Development of training modules;
- Pilot training;
- Multiplier events to disseminate the results of the project
- Vocational trainers in adult learning in the health care sector and language teachers of regional languages for adults;
- Migrant workers in the health care sector;
- Scientific, research and educational organisation;
- Political organisation, policy-makers and administrative organs responsible for questions involving multilingualism, migrants, employment and healthcare;
- Companies, employers – especially elderly care private companies and elderly home managers.
EACEA, Erasmus+ KA2 Strategic Partnerships for adult education
Project duration: 01/09/2016 – 31/08/2019